St. Paul Former Staion 23 opened in 1922 quartering Engine 23 in
the single bay station. The station closed in 1978 when the Engine
company moved to the new Station 23 located at 1924 W. Como.
The new station is about 5 city blocks distant from the former station.
This former station one of the least architechturally interesting stations
St. Paul ever built perhpaps due the economic trends of 1920's. Interestingly
this former station replaced the 'former-former' station 23 which was one of
the most interesting (an its identical sister former Station 14) ever built
in St. Paul. The vacant former station building still exists today.