The Bishop Block, also known as the Sperry Building was located at 371-375 Sibley Street St. Paul, MN. The architect of this commercial office building was Asher Bassford . He built this structure in 1883 for Judson Wade Bishop, a railroad man, who was also a veteran of the Civil War. In 1881 he formed the Langdon, Bishop and Company railroad contracting firm and in 1883 the St. Paul Trust Company, which he operated until 1903. The Block housed many of St. Paul's largest companies over the years. The Bishop Block and the John Wann Building were two of the oldest structures on Mears Park. This building was demolished and the facade moved halfway up the block to the north, where it was incorporated into Galtier Plaza. This neo-renaissance building had six floors and reached a height of 75’.
The Allen/Aslesen Building was constructed by builder, George J. Grant at a cost of $33,000 as a warehouse for the James P. Allen Wholesale Drug Company in 1888. Although the architect of the building is unknown, the attenuated clustered semi-circular brick bands are similar to those found on the St. Paul Building (originally the Germania Bank Building) which was designed by J. Waiter Stevens with Harvey Ellis. By 1922, the James P. Allen Building was occupied by the Young Mercantile Company. The structure also housed the Joestling and Schilling Hotel Supply Company for a number of years. Recently, the Butwinick's Outlet Store has been located in the Allen/Aslesen Building.