This is a General Motors - Electro Motive Division, shortly GM-EMD GP38-2 diesel-elecrtic locomotive. It wears the Norfolk Southern paint scheme, road number #5569. You can find tons of data about this locomotive (length, weight, top speed), so only the main things:
- Powered by a 16 cylinder 2000hp EMD 16-645 Roots-blowed diesel engine
- Runs on EMD Blomberg B 2-axle trucks, this contains the electrical motors, one for each axle, these drives the loco
- The coupler is an AAR Janney E coupler (common on older freight/road switcher locomotives)
This is a low poly model, designed for a further game. There's no cab interior. Not 100% dimensional correct (I can say 90%), but I tried to reach the 100% :-) I tried to make as much details as I can, but keep it in the low poly modeling boundaries. There's no door in front of the engineer,
The road numbers, and the logos are 1mm height models, you can hide them, or delete.
The dynamic brake compartment, the 2 side covers, and the 48in roof fan is a component, so you can easily delete, or hide it.
The snow plows are also an element, like dyn. brake.
Love, share, and texture it!
If you would like to use or re-use the model, or it parts, please remember, where it s came from.
- www.trainiax.net for the 2d drawings, informations
- donstrack.smugmug.com for the Blomberg truck photos
- Railpictures.net thousands of photos, priceless help
- other Google'd photos, drawings
- to my family for the patience :-)
#Blomberg #Electro_Motive #EMD #engine #engineer #Geep #General_Motors #GM #GP #GP_38 #GP38 #GP382 #Loco #locomotive #Norfolk_Southern #NS #NS_5569 #railroad #railway #train