McDonald's Multi-Mixer by Sterling/Prince Castle (1950s - 1970s)

McDonald's Multi-Mixer by Sterling/Prince Castle (1950s - 1970s)

Bill Wrigley
A commercial milkshake mixer manufactured by Sterling Multi-Products Inc. and Prince Castle Manufacturing Division Inc.. Used in the very first McDonald's restaurant owned by Dick and Mac McDonald, its high-volume use there - actually they had eight in their kitchen - attracted the curious attention of then Prince Castle sales rep Ray Kroc, who in 1954 saw their retail system, was impressed and purchased the retail rights from them to expand the operation nationally. The rest is history, and this was the machine that helped start it all. The mixer was phased out in the early 70s, replaced by the pre-mix shake machine by Taylor Company. This unit, Prince Castle Model #9B5C, is the classic 5-spindle mixer (there was also a 3-spindle available) that is table mounted. Without the base they were also wall mounted. Most models were brushed-metal finished, but many were partially painted as in this example. Functioning vintage examples are circulating widely on the internet today. The dimensions are exact according to a Prince Castle brochure: 13 1/2" wide X 18 5/8" high x 12"' deep. #1950s #1960s #1970s #50s #60s #70s #classic #early #kitchen #machine #McDonalds #milkshake #mixer #MultiMixer #old #Prince_Castle #Ray_Kroc #shake #Sterling_MultiProducts #vintage
Default Title