So just like everything has problems the S-10 is no exception. The problem most often faced is the infamous third door handle.
So to combat this I give you this information!
Here is a handle able to be made out of 1/4" square bar which is around $2.00 at your local hardware store as opposed to at least $9.00 online. Note: Shaving will be necessary to get the required thickness for sliding into the mounting cup.
Follow These Steps!
2. Weld together
3. Line up holes to be drilled and drill man drill!
4. Shave about 1/16 of an inch of the bottom of the top of the handle to slide smoothly in as well the top of the bottom of the handle for a fit and while your at it make the 3/8 of an inch indent more ramp like, this was just a quick sketch after all.
5. Grind it to to lovely ness and get some rattle cans out!
6. Prime if you even care or just paint away remember to rattle, rattle, rattle first!
7. Install into the mounting cup ensure proper operation before installing!
8. Connect the two rods to the swiveling post on the back of the handle and secure the screw and spring.
9. Bolt in the plate.
10. Test, enjoy and spread the word!
#25 #14 #316 #3rd #cab #chevrolet #diy #door #drill #extended #handle #help #inch #measure #metal #model #project #s10 #truck #work