Sibiu city walls belong to the 3rd ring of fortifications , built in the XIV century and consolidated in the eighteenth century.
From the belt there were kept so far walls stretching along Boulevard Coposu and the Manege street, and three defensive towers : Gunsmiths Tower , Potters Tower and Carpenters Tower .
These are the best preserved defense towers in Sibiu. Wall connection between these towers is a recent reconstruction of the old wall that exists between them.
Between the wall and the carriageway is a green area with trees , decorated in 1791 , initially between Haller Bastion and Thick tower. It is known as the " promenade " .