SAFA is a Nepali word for clean. SAFA tempos are the first electric vehicles in Kathmandu. It was brought to Nepal in 1996. Currently there are more than 600 SAFA tempos in Kathmandu valley alone. Around 120,000 passengers benefit from the service provided by the SAFA tempo in 17 different routes within the city, on a daily basis.
Five manufacturers :
- Nepal Electric Vehicle Industry (NEVI)
- Electric Vehicle Company (EVCO)
- Green Electric Vehicle (GREV),
- Green Valley and
- Bagmati Electricals.
Thirty Seven Charging Stations and Several hundreds of vehicle owners.
Advantages of EV:
- Zero emission thus less pollution
- Low noise level
- Short distances & low speed – thus appropriate for Kathmandu where streets are narrow, traffic speed is low and travel distances are short
- Promotes the use of clean energy (hydro-electricity) thus reduces the use of fossil fuel.
- Uses off peak hour electricity since battery are charged during nights.
#Electric_Vehicle #Energy #EV #Kathmandu #Lalitpur #Nepal #Safa #Tempo