Hartzell Hall was built in 1935 as residence hall space for junior and senior level women. Named in honor of Joseph Crane Hartzell, a missionary Bishop for the Methodist Episcopal Church. Damaged by Hurricane Katrina, Hartzell is not in current use. Hartzell Hall is connected to Camphor Hall, which was built in 1947, as a residence hall for men. Camphor was later used as a residence hall for women, and its first floor only is currently being used as space for administrative offices, primarily those relating to the Division of Student Success. The building was named in honor of Louisiana native, educator and missionary, Bishop Alexander Priestly Camphor. Developed through the DigitalCUrrents summer camp - A collaborative outreach to urban youth by the University of Colorado and Computer Magnet program of Denver Public Schools. This building was modeled by Ryan Mestas and Audrey Black, members of the Computer Magnet.