Stn 17 - St. Paul Former 1886 Fire Station 17

Stn 17 - St. Paul Former 1886 Fire Station 17

eatc7402
St. Paul, MN former Station 17(a) was constructed in 1886 at 899 Payne Avenue at the s.w. corner of York. The station first quartered Chemical 7. Then in 1889 the Chemical engine was replaced by Supply Hose #2. The finally in 1905 Engine 17's 1890 Waterous Engine 2nd Class was installed. In 1930 the current and active Station 17(b) constructed at 1226 Payne at n.e. cor. Hawthorne, and this station was closed. This station had a 'twin stster' Station 16 (a) also constructed in 1886 at 860 Victoria at Ashland. Station 16 no longer exists, and its site is the current and active location of St. Paul's Station 5 (b) build in 1930. The Station 17(a) building no longer exists. #fire_station #historic_fire_station
Default Title