F&W Stewart Jewellers 1866, Launceston

F&W Stewart Jewellers 1866, Launceston

Robin V.
Built in 1866 as Richard Powell's Butchers Shop, this 3 story Georgian building changed hands a few times. One owner, Joseph R Green later bought 114 Charles Street where he built his hardware store (the "Green Building"). The last company to own this building was F&W Stewart Jewelers, who established their jewelery in 1879 and obtained this building in 1904. The shopfront and interior (including the writing and clock) was rebuilt the same year it was bought and has not been altered since. The shop was passed on to William Whitaker Stewart's eldest son and whose lineage still operates the buisness. #australia #CBD #Charles_Street #commercial #engraving #Georgian #gold #goldsmith #historic #Jewelery #Jewellers #Kingsway #Launceston #shop #Tasmania #watchmaker
Default Title