Lincoln Avenue Residence Hall

Lincoln Avenue Residence Hall

Facilities Information Resources
Originally known simply as the Women's Residence Halls, construction of the Lincoln Avenue Residence Halls began on December 31, 1946 and the facility was completed in September of 1949. It was designed by Shaw, Naess, and Murphy, in conjunction with University Architect Ernest Stouffer, and built by the Warner Construction Company. A State appropriation of $2,506,500 was made towards the project, part of "the first postwar appropriation of the State for the University", and an $800,000 loan finished out the financing. The total facility ended up costing $3,306,500. #Lincoln #Residence #University_of_Illinois
Default Title