Located outside of Tucson, Arizona, San Xavier Mission, a National Historic Landmark, was founded as a Catholic mission by Father Eusebio Kino in 1692. Construction of the current church began in 1783 and was completed in 1797.
The oldest intact European structure in Arizona, the church's interior is filled with marvelous original statuary and mural paintings.
This model was created by Matt Stutts of the Cultural Resources GIS Facility, National Park Service, using the 1940 HABS drawings as a textured surface.
The model represents the main structure, not the entire complex, minus a couple of ornamental accouterments. #CAD #CRGIS #HABS #HDP #mission #NHL #NPS