The Hotel Cape May was built as part of an ambitious land-development project in East Cape May between 1906 and 1910. The project, and the hotel, were unsuccessful, and both failed by 1912. The building was used as a military hospital during World Wars 1 and 2, and was purchased by Christian fundamentalist minister Carl McIntire in 1962 to save it from demolition. Renamed "The Christian Admiral," the hotel survived until 1991, when McIntire's companies imploded. It was bought for $3.2 million in 1993 and totally destroyed in 1996.
*Request model added to Google Earth layer for architectural significance (is on the HABS/HAER site and was almost a National Historic Site)