Lima - Antigua Biblioteca Nacional

Lima - Antigua Biblioteca Nacional

Generalfeldmarschall
(c) Generalfeldmarschall - After the Society of Jesus was expelled from all lands under Spanish rule in 1767, the former seat of the old St. Paul's Collegium Maximum was given to the Royal University (today National University of San Marcos,(UNMSM), and 11 years later the building became the seat of Lima Public Library. In 1821, by decree of José de San Martín, the Public Library became the National Library of Peru. In May 1943, a voracius fire destroyed the old Library. The present building in Abancay Ave. dates from the mid-20th century (June 1943-1950), and was home to the Library until 2006, when it moved to its current seat in San Borja district. #Avenida_Abancay #Biblioteca_Nacional #Biblioteca_Nacional_del_Perú #Biblioteca_Pública #Bibliteca_Pública_de_Lima #library #Lima #National_Library #National_Library_of_Peru #Peru #Peruanische_Staatsbibliothek #Perú #Staatsbibliothek #UNMSM
Default Title