When Cameron Indoor Stadium opened in 1940 it was the largest basketball arena south of Philadelphia. The stadium was renamed in 1972 for Edmund McCullough Cameron, who served as men‘s basketball coach from 1929-42, football coach from 1942-45 and athletic director twice (1942-45 and 1951-72). The Blue Devils men‘s and women‘s basketball teams benefit from Cameron‘s intimate seating arrangements for slightly more than 9,000 fans, including bleacher-style seats alongside the court reserved for students (nicknamed the Cameron Crazies). The Athletic Department‘s ticket office is located in the front lobby. Outside the campus-side doors is Krzyzewskiville, where students pitch tents each basketball season to get into big games.
The Alan D. Schwartz-Tom A. Butters Athletic Center was completed in 1999. Adjacent to Cameron Indoor Stadium and overlooking Krzyzewskiville, this six-story complex houses: an academic center for Duke‘s student-athletes; the Duke Sports Hall of Fame; locker rooms and training facilities for the men‘s and women‘s basketball teams; and offices for basketball coaches and staff.
http://www.isismapping.org/duketour/index.html #Athletics #Basketball_Stadium #Cameron_Indoor_Stadium #Duke_University #ISIS_Tour