Building 191 is all that remains of the early town of Warrington. It was originally the grocery store and home of Fred Bauer. Constructed in the early 1850s, the building was owned and operated by the Bauer family until 1915 when it became Navy property. Since then it has been used as a Seaman’s Barracks (1918), a dispensary (1928), Officers’ Quarters (1936), Colored Enlisted Recreation Building (1947), Enlisted Club (1954), and a Music Training Building (1958).
The building was heavily damaged during Hurricane Frederick in 1979 and underwent historic restoration. Building 191 recently housed the NAS Pensacola Public Affairs Office and the Gosport (base newspaper), but has since been renovate again and now houses the Commander Navy Region Southeast Human Resources Operations West. #191 #Commander #Gosport #Historic #Human #NAS #Navy #Pensacola #Resources #Warrington