Immaculate Conception Chapel, Saint Francis Hall, and Cafe Gubbio

Immaculate Conception Chapel, Saint Francis Hall, and Cafe Gubbio

Jonathan B. Miller
Dedicated on May 4, 1957, the Immaculate Conception Chapel replaced the original chapel of 1850 that was destroyed along with Old Main in the fire of 1942. The chapel contributes to the spiritual welfare of Saint Francis University students and provides the opportunity for the University community to make frequent visits for private meditation and prayer and to participate in daily liturgies. The Chapel's Italian marble altar, weighing 20 tons, was purchased in 1960 for $12,000 through student contributions. Saint Francis Hall is the newest addition to the Residence Life Family. Formally the Campus Friary, Saint Francis Hall houses approximately 50 students in double rooms. The building is a faith based community structured like SFU intensive study floor options. One wing is available for females and another for males. Model by PopArchitexture. www.PopArchitexture.com #building #cafe #Cambria #campus #Catholic #chapel #church #college #Conception #dormitory #Francis #Gubbio #Hall #Immaculate #Loretto #PA #Pennsylvania #PopArchitexture #Saint #University
Default Title