The Knollwood Building was built in 1930 as an elementary school then acquired by Western in 1964. Its original purpose was to house College of Education field placement offices. The building is now used by the Art Department. In 1979 Knollwood received the Knollwood Metal Building addition built to house a metal foundry and kilns for the Department of Art. The building has two floors and approx. 17 100 sq. ft. Model by J. Botts.