Stach School

Stach School

Jonathan
The one-room school was built in 1877 east of Delia in rural Jackson County to educate the children of Czech immigrants who had settled there in the 1870s from the provinces of Bohemia and Moravia. The school was named for John Stach, a Moravian who donated an acre of land for the site. The school was moved to the Kansas History Center grounds in the early 1980s and restored to its 1910-1920 appearance. It is representative of thousands of country schools that dotted the landscape generations ago. Information provided from the Kansas Historical Society webpage. #Kansas #Kansas_Historical_Society #one_room_schoolhouse
Default Title