Zaffarano Hall

Zaffarano Hall

csc
The five-story Physics Addition, located between Physics and Wilhelm Halls, was completed in 1968. This structure houses faculty offices and laboratories of the Department of Physics and Astronomy. In 2005, the building was named Zaffarano Hall for the late Daniel Zaffarano, professor emeritus in physics and astronomy and former Graduate College dean. Zaffarano came to Iowa State in 1949 as a research associate professor, was appointed professor in 1957, and served as chairman of the physics department from 1961 to 1971. He also held the title of physics division chief of the Ames Laboratory from 1961 to 1971. He was appointed vice president of research and dean of the Graduate College in 1971, retiring in 1987. This model was completed by Xin Li. #Physics_and_Astronomy
Default Title