Líkn, Kirkjustræti 12, Reykjavik , relocated at The Reykjavík City Museum.

Líkn, Kirkjustræti 12, Reykjavik , relocated at The Reykjavík City Museum.

St.Pall
The building “Líkn” (Caritas), dating from 1848, was the first dwelling built on Kirkjustræti, Reykjavík, where previously only the cathedral had stood. The builder was Chr. Z. Möller. Líkn, a simple classical house, was a dwelling for most of its history. Halldór Kr. Friðriksson, who acquired it in 1851. Lived there until his death in 1902. The University of Iceland bought the house in 1911. The building later acquired its name from the nursing association Líkn (Caritas), which used the building from 1941 to 1956 for various activities, including tuberculosis testing. The house was moved to The reykjavík Museum in 1973. ......¬-The Reykjavík City Museum-….. collects and conserves objects from Reykjavík cultural history and carries out research on them, and promulgates knowledge of the history and living conditions of the people of Reykjavík from the Settlement Age to the present day. Arbaer (Árbær) was an established farm well into the 20th century, and The Reykjavík City Museum opened there in 1957. Arbaer is now an open air museum with more than 20 buildings which form a town square, a village and a farm. Most of the buildings have been relocated from central Reykjavík. #antiques #Arbaearsafn #Arbaer #building #fornminjar #Iceland #Kukl_on_Earth #Kukl_á_Jörð #minjar #minjasafn_Reykjavíkur #museum #New_Iceland #Nýja_Ísland #Reykjavik #Reykjavík #safn #St_Pall #St_Peter #The_Reykjavik_City_Museum #The_Reykjavík_City_Museum #timber #timber_house #timbur #timburhús #Árbæjarsafn #Árbær #Ísland
Default Title