All Saints Church, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire.
The Parish Church of St Ives is recorded in the Domesday Book in AD 1086. By about 1150 the original (probably wooden church) had been replaced by a stone building. Various modifications and extensions have taken place and by the fifteenth-century the church was completed to the current configuration. The spire was blown down in a storm in 1741 and rebuilt in 1748. In 1918 large sections of the spire were knocked down onto the church roof when an aeroplane crashed into it. The repairs were completed in 1924. The church is located on the north bank of the River Ouse at the west end of town and is one of St.Ives' most recognisable landmarks. #All_Saints_Church #Church #St_Ives