Shriver's Square

Shriver's Square

KH
The Shriver-Johnson department store got its start in 1914 when A.R. Shriver and J.H Johnson purchased the Koenig store at 117 N. Phillips, about a block and a half north of the Cataract Hotel. In 1918, Shriver and Johnson built this 89,900 square foot building with 5 floors and a basement. Staff boomed from 11 employed by the old store to 150 in the new. The Shriver-Johnson department store boasted two cafes, a post office, rest rooms, air conditioning, and incredible deals to be had in every department! Today, Shriver Square is an upscale retail/office building located at the corner of 11th Street and Phillips Avenue in Downtown Sioux Falls. The skywalk was opened in the mid 1990s, connecting Shriver's Square to the new Phillips Centre office building. #Chef_Dominique #Hemmer_Bros #Shriver_Building #Shrivers_Square
Default Title