East and Heady

East and Heady

csc
Heady Hall: Construction of Heady Hall was started in 1969 and was completed in November of 1970. The original plans called for a completely separate building between East Hall and the Dairy Industries Building at the Iowa State University. As plans became final, the decision was made to connect it to East Hall. This was to allow for easy access between the two buildings. The building was originally considered part of East Hall and known as the East Hall Addition but later became known as Heady Hall. East Hall: In 1903, the university recognized the need for a new creamery building. This brought about the construction of one in 1904, which was originally known as the Dairy Building. The new structure was fireproof and was made to be as sanitary as possible. In 1928, the Dairy Department moved to a new home in the Dairy Industries Building, so changes were made to the old building. Renovations were done and the Dairy Building was turned into offices and classrooms. It then became known as the Agricultural Annex. In 1961, the building's name was again changed. It became East Hall, which it is still called today. An addition was added on to East Hall in 1969. While originally thought of as part of East Hall, this addition is now known as Heady Hall. The combined model of two buildings is completed by Kurtis Wolgast. #Agricultural_Annex #Economics
Default Title