Hirsau Abbey - The Cloister

Hirsau Abbey - The Cloister

ifp
Hirsau, a village in the northern part of the Black Forrest, today a suburb of Calw, has a great history. In particular the Hirsau Abbey, once known as the “Hirschau Abbey (most probably because of the Swabian dialect or may be because of many deers around) was one of the most prominent Benedictine abbeys of Germany. Founded around 830 AD by Count Erlafried of Calw it served as an abbey until it was destroyed by French soldiers in 1692. Today, just ruins are found, one can see the Cloister, the ruins of the Hunting Lodge, and the Lady Chapel (used today as a protestant church). For more information, please visit: http://www.kloster-hirsau.de http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07363a.htm The reconstruction of 3D virtual model of the Hirsau Abbey is performed by modeling of the point clouds collected by a terrestrial laser scanner. This project was a part of master thesis of Ali Khosravani at IFP, University of Stuttgart, under supervision of Prof. Dieter Fritsch, and co-supervision of Dr.-Ing Jan Böhm and Dipl.-Ing Michael Peter. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=48.7378695&lon=8.732366&z=18&l=5&m=b #3D_Photorealistic_Model #Abbey #BadenWürttemberg #Calw #Church #Cloister #Close_Range_Photogrammetry #Cultural_Heritage #Hirsau #Hirsau_Abbey #Kirche #Kloster #Lady_Chapel #LiDAR
Default Title