Broadwell workshop, Dursley

Broadwell workshop, Dursley

John
18th C stone workshop building refenestrated in Mid 19th C by blocking larger arched openings in the stone walls with red brickwork. An intermediate (first) floor was inserted at this time. The original building was probably thatched. Building is currently a stonemason's workshop. Victorian red clayware finials on roof which is now tiled. Contemporary rooflights; and 20th C extension at side. Heritage plate on side of building with reproduction of an 1827 notice worded: - "CAUTION - All persons Washing any Vegetables, or entrails of Cattle, Sheep or Pigs, or other offensive thing in the Broadwell, or the Stream running therefrom, above the bridge leading into Bower's Court, are liable to a Fine of Ten Shillings, to the Lord of the Manor of Dursley under the Orders of the Manor Court, which Fine will henceforth be strictly enforced for every such offence committed." #building #Dursley
Default Title