The historic Hunter Building built in 1906, is Victoria University's earliest building and is a well known landmark on the Kelburn Campus site. The building is currently occupied by Victoria’s senior management and central administrative staff, the Religious Studies programme and a number of lecture theatres and teaching rooms. In 1910 the South wing was added and 1922 saw the completion of the North wing with its distinctive stained glass memorial windows. The building was condemmed as an earthquake risk and closed in 1974. Hunter was then given a second chance and was fully restored and strengthened for reoccupation in 1993.