In 1901, University Trustee William Keyser and his cousin, William Wyman announced that they would donate 151 acres for a new campus on Charles Street if $1 million dollars was raised for the university’s endowment. The move to the Homewood campus was gradual, after the trustees accepted the offer on February 22, 1902. The Keyser Quad was named for William Keyser in 1954. Today, the Keyser Quadrangle is bounded by Gilman, Mergenthaler, Jenkins, Remsen, Krieger, and Ames Halls. The well-traveled grassy quad is also home to the Milton S. Eisenhower Library.