Nurullaboy Palace

Nurullaboy Palace

Nuriddin D.
The palace is located in Mustakillik Street. Khiva's Khan Muhammad Rahimkhan (Feruz) who visited Saint-Petersburg few times to be received by the Russian Tzar, started in 1906 the construction of a big palace in semi-European style for his son Isfandiyar Tura in the garden bearing his name. The palace consists of four parts; there are more than 100 rooms, galleries, guardrooms, stables, rooms for servants and a harem. The entire palace is surrounded with a fortress-like dead-brick wall with teeth and buttresses; the entrance portal is located in the southern part. Isfandiyarkhan who occupied the throne (1910-1918) after the death of Muhammad Rahimknam (Feruz) gave an order to build a reception office next to Nurullabay Palace but the chief vizier opposed the construction because at that time, due to the shortage of money in the treasury, the construction of hospital, post office and telegraph were delayed. Nevertheless, the khan assigned his alumnus Rahmanbergam Mahram with the construction supervision, and the building was completed in the shortest terms possible - by the year 1912 #DishanKala #Khiva #Nurullaboy_Palace #Uzbekistan
Default Title