The Underpass Bridge

The Underpass Bridge

Creating Hartford
The Underpass bridge in downtown White River Junction was constructed in 1910. The bridge was built between North main street and Railroad Row, Bridge Street runs through the underpass. The Bridge combined old style granite abutments with a modern steel deck. The bridge was constructed by the Central Vermont Railroad and the Woodstock Railroad to transport trains out of White River Junction. The Woodstock Railroad is no longer in use today but the Central Vermont tracks are still in use. The first bridge in this location was constructed in 1883. The Bridge has two rails that run on top, they go to Bethel, and then onto Burlington. The underpass is used to connect the north side of White River Junction and the rest of downtown. For more information please visit www.creatinghartfordvt.com. Special Thanks to Hartford Historic Registry. #Bridge #Hartford #Train_Tracks #White_River_Junction
Default Title