Khmelnytskyi Church of St. Anne 1820

Khmelnytskyi Church of St. Anne 1820

Dmytro R.
Until the second half of the 17th century, Ploskyriv Castle stood on the site of the St. Anne's Church, but it outlived its time, fell into disrepair and was dismantled. The church was built on its ruins. At first it was small and wooden, but later, in 1801, the collection of donations for its reconstruction began. The most generous investor was Matvii Zhuravski, a landowner from Letychiv County. The stone version of the church dates back to 1820, and at the beginning of the 20th century the church underwent Baroque reconstruction. Unfortunately, in 1936, the bolsheviks decided to demolish this magnificent architectural monument. Today, on the site of the church, near the entrance to the central city park, there is a secondary school №1
Default Title