Edson Hotel

Edson Hotel

Whitney M.
Description
Just behind Crockett Street is the Edson Hotel, a 22- story hotel completed in 1929 at a cost of $1.5 million. It was designed by F.W. and D.E. Steinman of Beaumont and was the tallest hotel in Texas for many years. In 1955, the building was purchased by Gulf States Utilities, Beaumont’s only company listed on the New York Stock Exchange at the time. The corporate headquarters for GSU remained in the building until the completion of Edison Plaza in 1982. #Beaumont
Category
Default Title