This double storefront structure was erected by Benjamin F. Fisher between 1903 and 1908, after the site was cleared of several smaller wood-frame commercial structures. The west side (1112) was first occupied by the Meyer and Sanders Funeral parlor and was succeeded in 1917, by the Bert S. Gadd funeral company. The east side (1114) first housed Bremer and Heierman's Grocery. Around 1915, Hohlt and Heckman purchased Heierman's, remaining here until 1918. In 1919 Charles A. Denker established a men's clothing and furnishing store in both parts of the building and remained here for 14 years. The facade of buff-colored glazed tile, with accenting horizontal bands of black tile, appears to have been quite modern and stylish for the first decade of the 20th century. The survival of the storefronts' tall transoms is hidden by the current awnings, which harmonize well with the building. (From the Fountain Square Preservation Plan, Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission, 1984).