'The Railway' Inn, Cam

'The Railway' Inn, Cam

John
Public House incorporating publican's residence. Late 19th C Inn. Modernised. Limestone rubble and stucco walls. Slate roofs. Two bay windows at front and also a central oculus window. Before 1930, the frontage was stuccoed; there was a central canopied entrance door in the area now occupied by the oculus; and the front parapet had not been added. A panel with the Inn's name occupies the space of a blocked up window. 'West Country Ales' brewery plaque retained as a feature on the front elevation. Blockwork chimneys. Sundry extensions at rear including a new sheltered area for smokers. The nearby 'Dursley Donkey' rail service opened in 1856 but the Dursley to Coaley Junction branch passenger railway line and Cam station were both closed down in the Early 1960's. #building #Cam
Default Title