The Kangaroo Inn 1824, Launceston

The Kangaroo Inn 1824, Launceston

Robin V.
Description
One of the oldest surviving buildings in the city, The Kangaroo Inn was built in only 18 years after the first settlers landed in what was to become Launceston (originaly called Ritching's Park or Pattersonia) in Cornwall Shire, Tasmania. This small building was extended in 1834 and continued to operate under the same name until 1842 when it became the Woodhouse Stables. Since then, the building has continuously changed hands becoming a bakery, an inn, a theater, stables, a cartage and bus depot and has always served parking and stabling areas. It has also been used for cobbling, tinsmithing, blacksmithing and wheelwriting. The building has since been restored by Fay Evans (Nee Woodhouse) with a plaque on the right of the front door dedicated to her and repeating much the same information as has been written here. Last Model Update: Bitmaps replaced with JPEG textures for faster loading. #accomodation #australia #brick #colonial #colony #cottage #first #Georgian #heritage_listed #historic #hotel #inn #Launceston #old #settlement #stables #Tasmania #timber #Wellington_Street
Default Title