Ring House 2
Ring House 2 is one of the oldest buildings on north campus. When the university was founded, there was an acute shortage of housing near campus so Henry Marshall Tory made a point of having homes built for senior faculty and deans. These new homes were accessed from the northwest part of campus by a ring road and became known as the Ring Houses. Ring House 2 was built shortly after the arrival of the Professor of Architecture Cecil Scott Burgess in 1913 and was occupied by the first head of the Department of Electrical Engineering Hector MacLeod (and his family) from 1924 to 1936. Ring House 2 is the present day home of the University of Alberta Press (UAP). #Alberta #Canada #Edmonton #North_Campus #Ring_house #U_of_A #UAP #University_of_Alberta
Default Title