The French Embassy in Vienna is in a Palace, which stands on the western side of the Schwarzenbergplatz
between Technikerstraße and Brucknerstraße - on a triangular-shaped base - in Vienna's 4th District "Wieden".
And in front of the main facade, which faces east, there is a small garden. This building was built in the years 1900 to 1906
and designed by the Parisian architect Georges Paul Chedanne (1861-1940).
It's a monumental three-storey building, which has relies on the type of Hotel de Ville and also reflects the French palace architecture
of 18. century. The representative exterior is in accordance with generously sized interior with a very precious and rich features. The building
is also a typical work of the French Art Nouveau. All details on the facade such like ornaments, brackets or cornices seem to naturally grow out
of the surface, and Its soft, curved lines are complemented by rounded edges of the building.
During the Second World War the building was partially destroyed by bombing. After 1945, the Embassy was the administrative center
of the occupied parts of France in Vienna and it made some serious internal changes. In 1990, it began extensive renovations.
Modelled by Chen Pohsien