Main Street Musuem

Main Street Musuem

Creating Hartford
The Main Street Museum located right on the White River was originally constructed in 1893 with the initial building serving as a fire station. Later in 1919 the building was remodeled to create the two story design that the building still has today. Following the ravage flood of 1927 the fire station had sustained much damage. Later the fire station was converted to a bowling alley with a dance floor on the second story. This bowling alley often hosted a rowdy downtown White River crowd. In 1992 David Ford bought the building which at the point had been a small restaurant called “Lena’s Lunch”. Mr. Ford is still the current curator of the museum, the museum hosts a wide variety of exhibits and intriguing objects including Elvis’ gallstones, dirt from President Obama’s inauguration day, silt from the flood of 1927, and a wide variety of art collections. #hartford #junction #main #musuem #river #street #vermont #white
Default Title