The south side of Lincoln Avenue between 8th and 9th Streets is in the heart of Old Town. The corner building on the east is the First National Bank Building, also known as the Rehder Building, which was constructed in 1905. The bank stayed here for only 15 years before moving to a new building across the street. The building was then used by E. L. Bradburn as the Searchlight Garage and expanded with a one-story addition in back. In 1937 Harry Rehder bought the building. This building was listed on the <a href="http://www.coloradohistory-oahp.org/programareas/register/1503/cty/rt.htm"> National Register of Historic Places </a> in 2001, and currently it houses the Steamboat Springs Art Museum.
Adjacent to the Rehder Building is the Chief Theatre, built by a Miami Indian chief from Oklahoma, Harry Gordon. It opened with a single screen and a capacity of 450 seats and caused the Alden Theatre across the street to close because it was only equiped to show silent films. #First_National_Bank #Lincoln_Ave #Rehder #Steamboat_Springs