Taza-Pir Mosque

Taza-Pir Mosque

Vusal Jahangiri
Description
Construction of the mosque was started in 1905 by architect Zivar bey Ahmadbeyov under the patronage of Nabat Khanum Ashurbeyova. After the death of the patron, the construction was suspended. Soon, however, it resumed with the support of her son and was completed in 1914. Only 3 years after opening the mosque was closed in connection with the October Revolution in 1917. Over the years the mosque functioned as a cinema and a barn, and since 1943 to present day - as a mosque
Default Title