Leconte Hall and Birge Hall are shown together, connected by a glass-walled passageway. Both are dedicated to the Department of Physics.
Leconte Hall was named for John LeConte, a Professor of Physics and a President of the University, as well as for Joseph LeConte, a Professor of Geology and Natural Sciences. The original Architect was John Galen Howard, who designed LeConte in 1924; since then, there have been two additions, one in 1950 by Architects Miller and Warnecke, and one in 1964, by Architects John Carl Warnecke and Associates.
Birge Hall was named for Raymond T. Birge, a Professor of Physics and a Chairman of the department. It was designed by Architects Warnecke and Warnecke in 1964. #Birge_Hall #Cal #Department_of_Physics #John_Carl_Warnecke #John_Galen_Howard #John_LeConte #Joseph_LeConte #LeConte_Hall #Miller_and_Warnecke #Raymond_Birge #UC_Berkeley #Warnecke_and_Warnecke