The Works
The Works is the last remaining building from the Weddel Freezing Works which closed in the late 80s. Built in 1906, the freezing works used to extend down the Esplanade and wharves towards the sea with the longest brick façade in the Southern Hemishpere, however these buildings were demolished in mid 90s to make way for the expanding log exports through the Port. The building now houses the Gisborne Wine Company (www.gisbornewinecompany.co.nz) who make wine on site and the Works Café and Restaurant (www.workscafe.co.nz). For more information, visit www.eastland.co.nz #Cafe #Restaurant #The_Works #Wine_Company
Default Title