The Delco Remy Corporation Plant 1 was located near 25th & Columbus Avenue in Anderson, Indiana. This model shows Plants 1,2,4,6,8. The Remy brothers moved their operation to the Columbus Ave site in 1906, and in 1919 the company constructed the 5 story Plant 1 administration and manufacturing building. Plant 4 was commissioned in January 1926, and later, with Plant 6 in November 1926, Plant 2 in January 1927, and Plant 8 in July 1928. An addition was constructed to Plant 8 In 1936 .
Due to building maintenance costs and operational inefficiencies, Plants 2,4,6,& 8 (sawtooth roof buildings) were decommissioned and demolished in 1985.
The five-story Plant 1 and connected buildings were demolished in the late 1990s. The structures shown here represent the era of peak production in the 1970s.
This model is a work in progress. Come back again for updates. #alternators #automotive #distributors #factory #General_Motors #industrial #starters