St. Fabian and Sebastian Chapel in Letovanić

St. Fabian and Sebastian Chapel in Letovanić

Viktor B.
Chapel of St. Fabian and Sebastian in Letovanić first mentioned in 1729 as the cemetery chapel to be rebuld with original lumber in 1771 on it's present location, painted ceiling cassettes were also moved. It was built as a single-space structure with a polygonal sanctuary in the shape of the ship and slender belltower over front. Above the entrance is a wooden choir, and the floor is paved with bricks. The interior is vaulted Pot vault. Small baroque altar was brought from the old chapel, and there are pictures and statues of St. Sebastian, St. Roch and St. Florian on wooden, baroque canon tables. Behind the altar is a wooden crucifix, which may have originated in the 17th In the early 20th century the chapel's exterior were partly rebuild with new boards and mortar, and the windows increased. This renewal removed the old ceiling. Recently, front porch was added, while the facade restored to its original condition. The chapel is in good shape. The building is protected as the monument of Croatian cultural heritage #1729 #1771 #barok #baroque #chapel #Croatia #drvena #Hrvatska #kapela #Kupa #Letovanić #porch #Sisak #terasa #wooden
Default Title