Leeds and Liverpool Canal Company Warehouse (Granary Building)

Leeds and Liverpool Canal Company Warehouse (Granary Building)

Eric the Red
Built in around 1776 as a warehouse for the Leeds & Liverpool Canal Company this is a Grade II* listed building. It was unusual in that a branch of the canal ran into the building allowing loading of barges under cover. Significant remodelling occured in mid to late 19th century including replacing internal timber floors with masonry to reduce the risk of fire. Conversion to its current use was undertaken in the mid 1990s and it is now the headquarters for BMB Group Ltd, a menswear company, and Heathcotes restaurant. #canal_warehouse #Granary_Wharf #Leeds__Liverpool_Canal #Leeds_and_Liverpool_Canal
Default Title