The Improvement Building

The Improvement Building

atg
Description
Architect Clinton McKenzie designed this building, which housed the offices of the Kingsport Improvement Company, John B. Dennis, and J. Fred Johnson. Johnson led the efforts to establish Kingsport as a manufacturing town on the Clinchfield Railway line. Kingsport's first Board of Mayor and Alderman meeting was held in the Improvement Building on March 15, 1917. The City's Planning and Development offices are now located here. #downtown #government #historic
Default Title