Thule Building

Thule Building

Scalziand
The Thule Building, a five-story structure with a red brick exterior and limestone trim, was constructed in 1905, and the building was renovated in 1914 to convert it from its original mixed retail/function hall use, to commercial use only. Charles Hanson, who was the first Swede to settle in Worcester, purchased the land for the building in 1903, on behalf of the Thule Music Hall Association. The names of the four function halls (Vasa, Svea, Thule, and Continental) reflected the Swedish heritage of those who commissioned the structure, and many of the Swedish clubs and charities held their meetings there in the early part of the 20th century. As part of its recent historic rehabilitation, the building was converted to use as a commercial space on the first floor, and a law library on the upper floors. https://www.sec.state.ma.us/mhc/mhcpdf/pressreleases/10Thule-Plummer%20Historic%20District.pdf
Default Title