St Thomas the Martyr is a former Church of England parish church on St Thomas Street in Bristol, England.
It has a 14th century tower, but the nave was rebuilt 1791–93 by James Allen. A substantial reordering was carried out by William Venn Gough between 1878 and 1880, and the top of the tower was remodelled with spirelet, pinnacles, and pierced parapet by Gough in 1896–97. Four paintings for the reredos were commissioned from the German artist Fritz von Kamptz in 1906, and are now housed in the south aisle. Although the church survived the "Bristol Blitz" of the Second World War, the congregation declined after the war and the church was finally declared redundant. It is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust, having been vested in the Trust on 17 February 1988. The organ was built by John Harris in 1729, and attracted the admiration of Handel. It has been designated by English Heritage as a grade II* listed building. #Avon #Bristol #Church #England #Martyr #Redcliffe #St_Thomas #Temple #TRM_DA