Dürkheimer Synagoge

Dürkheimer Synagoge

Aerilius
Already since 1309, Jewish inhabitants lived in Dürkheim. In the 18th century, the Jewish population grew to 60 families. The first synagogue was built here in 1749 and it was enlarged in 1848. In 1925, the municipality has reached 220 members (3% of the cities population) and the synagogue was renovated. On Kristallnacht, November 9, 1938, the entire interior, windows and doors were destroyed by members of the Nazi Party. The building remained standing, but it was destroyed in the airstrike on Bad Dürkheim on 18th March 1945. The ruin was demolished in 1946 and the land was returned to the Jewish Community of Rhineland-Palatinate. Today, a plaque on the present building and a memorial on the market Obermarkt are reminiscent of the humiliation and suffering of our fellow citizens. The model describes the state of the ruins after the bombing and before the demolition. #Allemagne #Bad_Duerkheim #Bad_Dürkheim #Deutschland #Entengasse_19 #Germany #historic #historisch #jüdische_Gemeinde #Palatinat #Palatinate #Pfalz #RheinlandPfalz #Rhineland_Palatinate #RhénaniePalatinat #Synagoge #Wachenheimer_Straße_25 #Weinstraße_Süd_1
Default Title