Windsor Guildhall

Windsor Guildhall

Simon W.
A Guildhall has stood on this site in Windsor since at least 1607, but the current building was constructed by Sir Christopher Wren in the early eightennth century. In 1829 the building was extended to nearly twice the size. It has a covered collonade underneath the main hall on the first floor which was intended to be used for markets. The building was used as a council chamber and occasionally a law court until 1974 when changes to council areas took effect. It was the location for the marriage of Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles and that of Elton John and David Furnish in 2005. The hall is located in the main street of Windsor and is only a few feet away from the entrance to the world-famous Windsor Castle #arcade #brick #guildhall #hall #town #Windsor #Wren
Default Title